Visual Analytics for IoT
Modern IoT applications not only require real-time monitoring of fast-moving data, but also the ability to perform historical analysis for deeper insights. A great example is the Connected Car. With traditional approaches, one needs to use platforms that handle the historical BI from an operational data store such as Kudu, and a separate system that handles real-time analyses pulling from Solr or spark streaming.
Arcadia Data partners with Cloudera to visualize both real-time streams and historical data to enable deep data discovery seamlessly on one modern BI and visual analytics platform. You can even cross filter the real-time and historical data. Additionally, Arcadia Enterprise allows you to leverage the “right” storage engine based on the use case. Being a Hadoop-native BI platform and integrating with Cloudera means customers can use a diverse set of storage engines.
Our visual analytics solution for connected data helps IoT use-cases where streaming data needs to be ingested and visualized in real-time, juxtaposed with historical data.
Here are the three main use cases for a connected car solution as an example of what’s possible with Arcadia Data:
- Public Services - Understanding traffic patterns, public safety hazards, recommendations, and dispatching
- Usage based insurance - understanding driver habits and behaviors based on telematics
- Predictive maintenance - proactively recommend services for cost savings and improved safety
Arcadia’s visual analytics application built on these use cases demonstrates the following capabilities:
- Event Streams: Visualize the events from hundreds of connected cars within a geographic region in real-time, highlighting any specific spikes in events. Show a breakdown of events by type, such as Hazards, Collisions, Illegal Lane Departures, etc. You can also list the events with associated vehicle VIN numbers, give event counts and plot event locations on an integrated map.
- Detailed View: Drill down into specific VIN numbers to see the specific driver behavior, violations over time, aggression score, etc.
- Analysis: Gain a detailed analysis of driver behavior in relation to various maintenance patterns and other OEM indicators. For example, correlation between aggression and brake pad replacement can be a useful predictive maintenance indicator. Arcadia Data helps users bring historical and real-time data managed by Cloudera’s various data stores like HDFS and Kudu into a single visual analytics platform.
IoT/ Connected Products
About Arcadia Data
Arcadia Data provides the first native visual analytics software that runs within modern data platforms for the scale, flexibility, performance and security users need to glean meaningful and real-time business insights and design data-centric applications in the era of big data and IoT. Arcadia Enterprise is purpose-built to analyze large volumes of data without moving it, filling the gap between self-
service BI and advanced analytics for use cases like cyber security, connected devices, and customer intelligence. The Arcadia Data platform is deployed by some of the world’s leading brands, including Procter & Gamble, HPE, Royal Bank of Canada, Kaiser Permanente and Neustar.